Friday, October 19, 2007

Wings


I continued to read and study the plans today and came to the part where you work with the float type fuel senders. I had ordered the fuel float senders along with the wings so I was ready to get these done today. I pulled out the mulitmeter and did the electrical checks as was recommended in the plans and was able to verify a reading of 32 ohms in the 'full' position, and 240 ohms in the 'empty' position.

Using the lengths specified in Van's plans I made two 3" bends in the float arm that were offset by 90 degrees and cut off the extra lenth so as to fit the assembly. Both fuel senders are now ready to install in the fuel tanks. In my next session I'll install the fuel pick up tubes and should be able to close up the tanks.
2 Hours
Wings - 41 Hours
Empannage - 195 Hours
Total hours on project - 236