Friday, April 20, 2007

Wings


With the confirmation of my order for the quick build wings and the arrangements complete with Partain Transport Co. to deliver them, I figured it was about time to start on the Wing cradle. When the wings are delivered I need some way to store and protect them as I complete the tasks that are left for me on the project. So today I went to the lumber yard and bought the materials that I need to construct a wing cradle. I spent $89.54 of which $22.50 was for a sheet of 3/4" plywood that I only need 3' of. So I guess I'll have a 5' X 4' piece of plywood if I need it for anything else in the project. The rest of the construction is from 2X4 and 2X6 lumber. Anyway, when I got home I started cutting and got a pretty good start on the project. I'm hopeful that the wings will be here by the end of next week so I should be ready when they arrive.