Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wings



Today I called Van's and talked with Ann in the Kit Dept about the Qucik build wings for the RV-7. I guess I'm fortunate as she said they actually had QB Wings in stock for the RV-7 and could probably ship them soon. So I filled out the order form with the quick build option along with the floats for the gas tank option and faxed it in. After that I called Tony Partain of Partain Transport Co. and asked about his transportation option. He said that he had a load leaving next week going to Kansas, Texas, and Florida and thought that they could get the wing set on that trailer for me. He wasn't in the office when I talked to him and he asked me to call back tomorrow morning so we could get all the details and the shipping costs worked out. Now I'll have to build a wing cradle to put the wings in when they arrive. Partain had a link to a site that had a set of plans that seem pretty easy to build so I'll try to get that done in the next few days. At least I'll have something to post on this site while I'm waiting for the wings to arrive.
p.s. The other picture I've posted is not related to the RV-7 Project, but is a new set of wingtips for my Cessna 150. You can see the old ones on the bottom shelf of the bench and they were getting cracked and busted up. I ordered the new ones while I was in Africa and have spent the last two days getting the news ones ready to put on. I had to drill the holes in the right places and then today I matched the paint and did the painting.