Saturday, July 08, 2006

Back from Africa

It's hard to get much done on an airplane project when you're at work and that's where I've been for the last 30 days. I work a 28 day on/off schedule in Chad Africa as the Wellwork Supervisor for the Production Wellwork Organization. My last day to work was on July the 5th and then I had over 18 hours of flight time between Kome, N'Djamena, Paris, Houston and finally to Oklahoma City. My flgiht arrived at 5:37 pm on July the 6th and Donna was at the airport to pick me up. All day Friday was a rest up and get used to being back home day so there wasn't anything happening on the airplane. I did grill some steaks outside and they sure were good. I don't think I can buy a steak any better than I can cook right here at home. I was back to normal by Saturday morning though I still woke up pretty early and couldn't get back to sleep. I got up and had some breakfast and then went on out to the airport to check on my C150. I pulled it out and flew over to Elk City to have coffee at the airport there. I visited for a while with Scott Frye who is the IA that works over there. He's the one that overhauled the engine on the C150 for me back in 2002. When I told him about the RV-7 project he gave me a lot of tools that he though I could use. Mostly some side-clamp clecos and a long reach microstop with a #40 countersink bit. He also had some debrurring bits he let me have. When I made ti back home I had to take care of some bills and looked through the mail. Then I got out in the garage and got started on the project.