Saturday, November 15, 2008

Wings




Today I worked on the left wing tip again. I put the W-412 rib in place and marked the location of the trailing edge on the tip. After that I took it out and laid out the rivet lines (top and bottom) 5/16" from the edge. Then I drilled and cleco'd the rib to the wing tip. I had to machine countersink the rivet holes in the wing tip and then riveted the rib in place. Since I will be using screws to attach the wing tip to the wing I cleco'd the wing tip back on to the wing and drilled all the holes with a #28 bit, the size of the #6 screws that I'll be using. I pulled the wing tip back off the wing and then I started riveting the K1000-06 nut plates on the wing tip. I was able to measure and drill the holes for the nut plates and put a few on before I was called away for some honey-dos.
5 Hours
Wings - 114 hrs
Empennage - 195 hrs
Total hours on project = 309