Saturday, July 29, 2006

Empennage



Today I got an early start and started the front spar riveting process. I worked about an hour to get the 710 and 714 reinforcement bars attached to the front spar when my son Jim decided that we needed to go flying. He's beginning to show an interest in learning how to fly so I took some time out to give him a flying lesson. It was about 11:00 when we got back home and I continued on the project. I stopped for lunch about 1:00 and then stayed hooked up until about 6:00. Luckily for me, Jim was in for the weekend and was very helpful in bucking rivets for me. We took a supper break and then got back in the garage about 8:30 and worked until about 11:00. But we got all the skin attached to the forward spar and the ribs. I was especially glad to have Jim here and willing to help when the temperature in the garage was showing 103 degrees. Now I'll be able to finish the Horizontal Stabilizer by myself as the rest of the riveting is along the edges where I'll be able to use the new pneumatic squeezer. Hopefully I'll be able to complete that in the next couple of days since I'll be heading back to Africa on Tuesday.

8.5 Hours

Total hours on project = 56.5