Sunday, November 19, 2006

Empennage



Things are beginning to come together now and it's beginning to look like an elevator. Today I had to un-cleco the E-713 counterbalance skin in order to remove the E-714 counterweight. Then I put the E-713 back together with the clecos. Then I cleco'd the E-709 root rib to the spar and final drilled to #40 the E-709 to E-702. Then I got the elevator skin E-701-R and cleco'd to the understructure. Next I had to take the clecos out of the E-709 to E-702 so I could cleco the WD-605-1-R elevator horn to the E-702 and E-709. Next step was to drill the skin to the understructure. With that done the next step was to disassemble the elevator. Then I dimpled the E-713 for the screw heads that attach the counterweight, and machine countersunk the counterweight for the dimples in the E-713. Next step was to machine countersink the E-709 holes on the forward face of the spar as E-709 will be riveted with flush head rivets so the elevator horn can be mounted flush with the forward face of the E-702 spar. That's as far as I got today but it seems like pretty good progress.

3 Hours

Total hours on project = 128