Friday, February 27, 2009


Today I safety wired the bolts in the autopilot servo and then fitted the bottom skin to the right wing. I was able to final drill all the holes to the #40 final size and then removed the skin for deburring and dimpling.
2 Hours
Wings - 121 hrs
Empennage - 195 hrs
Total hours on project = 316

Tuesday, February 24, 2009


I got back on the project today and installed the autopilot servo in the right wing. It was a straight forward installation and the instructions from Dynon were accurate and easy to follow. I started by inventorying the parts to make sure everything was there. Then I pulled out the bracket holding the bell crank in place so I could replace it with the one supplied by Dynon for the servo. While I had the bell crank out I had to measure and drill a hole where the push rod attaches. Next step was to install the new bracket with the bell crank and install a support arm for the back side as I put the servo in place. Once that was done I put the push rod together and measured it as per the instructions. It was a simple matter of installing the push rod to finish up the installation. There is an option to safety wire the bolts holding the servo to the bracket and I haven't done that yet, but I will probably get to that in the next work session.

3 hours
Wings - 119 hrs
Empennage-195 hrs
Total hours on the project = 314