Wednesday, February 28, 2007


Today I worked on the fiberglass tips for the elevators and the rudder cap. It required measuring and trimming the fiberglass to make a tight fit on the parts. Once I got the tips properly fit, I drilled pilot holes and cleco'd them on.

2 Hours

Total hours on project = 176

Sunday, February 25, 2007


I got started on the project again this afternoon after church. I installed the rod bearings in the rudder and then mounted the rudder to the vertical stabilizer. It took a few tries to get the alignment just right but I was finally staisfied with it. After that I was able to get a measurement for the fiberglass tip that goes on top of the vertical stabilizer. My next step will be to trim off the fiberglass to make it a good fit.

2 hours

Total hours on project = 174